Welcome to Magen David Adom South Africa
Magen David Adom is lsrael’s only medical emergency and blood bank service, depending on you to save more lives every single day.
- Magen David Adom has 14,000 highly trained volunteers and 1,400 employees
- Magen David Adom maintains a lifesaving network of 105 emergency ambulance stations
- All Magen David Adom stations are linked by the most modern communication technology
- Magen David Adom has a nationwide ambulance fleet of 750 lifesaving vehicles
- Magen David Adom's 110 Mobile Intensive Care Units are equipped for immediate diagnosis and treatment in cardiac emergencies
- Magen David Adom collects more than 280,000 units of blood annually, supplying all of the country’s blood needs and the needs of the Israel Defence Force
- More than 3,000 patients in Israel are resuscitated by Magen David Adom teams every year
- Every Magen David Adom ambulance driver must successfully complete a 144-hour First Aid course
- More than 50,000 Israelis each year learn the basics of First Aid by attending Magen David Adom courses
- 35% of this cost comes from Magen David Adom organisations around the world
Save a Life by Celebrating a Life
Whether you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or any other special occasion, why not ask your guests to make a donation to Magen David Adom in your honour rather than buying gifts.
Lindsay and Uriel Rosen at their recent wedding
By marking your celebration in this special way, you are not only celebrating a life, but you are also saving a life. Your donation will go towards urgently needed medical goods and equipment for Magen David Adom. For more information on how to help MDA through your celebration please contact the Magen David Adom Office office on 011 645 2571 (08h00 to 13h00).